This course will help you gain knowledge and confidence in area of Market, Liquidity, and Asset Liability Management, in preparation for the MLARM exam.
Market, Liquidity, and Asset Liability Risk Manager Certificate Online Series
Led by Emilian Belev
Wednesdays from 10:00 am-12:30 pm EDT / 3:00-5:30 pm GMT
May 24 - June 21, 2017
Virtual Training Series
The Market, Liquidity, and Asset Liability Manager Online Series is intended to prepare individuals for the MLARM certificate exam. This program is designed to deliver a deep, practical understanding of these areas of risk management, their frameworks, and various measurement methodologies in financial institutions. Successful candidates will be better prepared to implement the processes, procedures and policies around these areas, as well as gain a deep overview of the related tools and techniques.
Upon the completion of this series, successful candidates will be able to:
- Perform a comprehensive review of the nature of Market, Liquidity, and Asset Liability Risk Management within the industry and the regulatory environment following the Global Financial Crisis.
- Observe the distinction and the inevitable interaction between Risk Measurement and Risk Management, using actual business practice quantitative and qualitative techniques and tools.
- Define Market risk and explore in depth the aspects of Market Risk Management with regards to fixed income investments, equities, commodities, and foreign exchange instruments.
- Explore Market Risk in the Trading Book, Stress Testing, and Scenario Analysis, and the relevant lessons learned from the recent turbulent past of the industry.
- Develop and understanding of the nature of Asset Liability Management and its overlap with the domains of Interest Rate Risk and Liquidity Risk Management.
- Learn the principles of Funds Transfer Pricing and gain an appreciation for its importance, challenges, and benefits.
- Investigate Risk Governance best practices and the elements and methods for a proper risk framework to be instituted within a financial organization.
For more information about the MLARM Certificate
About the Speaker: Emilian Belev has led the research and development of Northfield's Enterprise Risk Analytics for more than a decade. The range of models under his responsibility includes equity and fixed income, currency, interest rate, and credit derivatives, structured products, directly owned real estate, private equity and infrastructure. Emilian is also responsible for designing an integrated framework for all asset classes to be analyzed in a coherent, accurate, and economically intuitive fashion.
Emilian has introduced various innovative methodologies in the areas of convertible bonds modeling, MBS path dependency, efficiency of numeric derivative pricing algorithms, credit risk analysis, infrastructure investments, and directly owned real estate. Emilian has presented on some of these topics at various industry events in North America and Europe.
Emilian is an actively involved CFA, holder of the Certificate in Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management, a member and founding member of respectively QWAFAFEW Boston and QWAFAFEW Toronto, a member of the PRMIA expert advisory group for Market Risk, a winner of the 2013 Professional Risk Management International Association award for New Frontiers in Risk Management, and recipient of the 2015 American Real Estate Society award for Best Practitioner Research.
Fees: Your registration fee inlcudes access to the live course and to a recording of each sesssion for 6 months, a digital copy of the MLARM Handbook, and session handouts.
Sustaining Members: $765.00
Contributing Members: $875.00
Registration: You may register for this course by clicking on Register at the bottom of the page. For questions regarding registration please contact Ashley Squier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation: A refund, less a 15% administration fee, made upto 72-hours prior to the start of the first sesssion. We regret that no refunds will be made after that date. Substitutions may be made at no extra charge.
Invoicing Requests: Please complete the attached form (group or individual) for invoice requests at least 7 days prior to the program start date. All invoices must be paid in full prior to the start of the course. There is a $20.00 processing fee and an additional $25.00 fee for wire transfer requests.
Important Notice: All courses are subject to demand. PRMIA reserves the right to cancel or postpone courses at short notice at no loss or liability where, in its absolute discretion, it deems this necessary. PRMIA reserves the right to changes or cancel the program. PRMIA will issue 100% of registration refund should cancellation be necessary.
This live online series qualifies for 12 CPE credits by way of attendance at live sessions only. Registrants will receive 2.4 CPE Credits for each live session they attend for a potential maximum of 12 CPE Credits. Attendance will be recorded. Contact email@example.com
to receive your certificate.
Program Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group-Internet Based
PRMIA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Website: www.nasba.org.