2015 PRMIA Canadian Risk Forum
November 18 - 19, 2015
PRMIA Montreal is proud to host the 3rd Canadian Risk Forum (CRF) on November 18 - 19, 2015 at the Centre Mont-Royal in Montreal, Canada. The Canadian Risk Forum will consist of a one day pre-conference workshop on Investments Risk Management and a two day conference with the theme of The Next Generation of Risk Management. A collaboration of senior risk professionals, industry experts, scholars and regulatory bodies will share experiences and ideas about various risk management practices and trends in the current economic environment.
Since the global financial crisis, investors and risk managers have faced many challenges, both economic and regulatory. How can we adapt to this ever-changing landscape? The 2015 CRF, with the theme of The Next Generation of Risk Management Function, will address the following areas of interest:
Regulatory Risk: The financial industry is facing challenging times. The last financial crisis has led to a proliferation of new regulatory measures and uncertainties. These measures have been brought with an unprecedented scale and pace. In this session, light will be shed on the impact of the different regulatory changes from different perspectives.
Geopolitical Risk: Investors today face a new kind of geopolitical risk with tensions in Africa, Middle East, Asia and Eastern Europe growing globally in a context where markets are interconnected. In this session, we will analyze how the complexity of today’s geopolitics needs to be considered by investors and risk managers.
Risk Culture and Risk Appetite: In this context of growing complexity, how can organizations adapt their risk culture and define their real risk appetite? Finding guidance to determine what risk appetite is and how an organization can foster its risk culture, both internally and externally, is a key challenge. This session will seek to clarify and bring insight and creative solutions for that end.
Pension Risk: With many Canadian pension plans reaching a level of maturity that requires them to emphasize distributions rather than asset growth, we see plan sponsors changing their approaches and adapting their strategies. A shift from “to win” to “not to lose” strategies is more present than ever, hence a need to manage more pension risk.
Risk Management Tools: Every organization uses a series of metrics/tools in managing its risks. These metrics play the role of a support to the investment activities, however, with nowadays changes in methodologies and shifts in regulation. A review of these tools seems to be a great addition for both risk and investment professionals.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- David Adler, Author, The New Economics of Liquidity and Financial Frictions
- Jean-François Bureau, Chief Risk Officer, PSP Investments
- Adil Burney, Director & Senior Risk Officer, RGA Canada
- Chris Corrado, Chief Information Officer, MSCI
- Marc Gauthier, Treasurer, Concordia University
- Jonathan Golub, Chief US Strategist, RBC Capital Markets
- Jesse L Phillips, Executive Director, Multi-Asset Class Applied Research, MSCI
- Kelly Hastings, Chief Risk Officer, CIBC Mellon
- Chris Mandel, Senior Vice President, Strategic Solutions, Sedgwick Inc.
- Jean Ouellette, Director, Pension & Benefits, Loto-Quebec
- Abhay Raman, Partner, Infrastructure and Cyber Security, EY
- Jean-Pierre Talon, Partner, Mercer
- Nicola Wickes, Senior Vice President, Chief Risk Officer Europe & Asia, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Freeman Wood, Partner and Head of North America, Mercer Sentinel Group
- Ghislain Giroux Dufort, President, Baldwin Risk Strategies Inc.
Featured Sessions include:
- Regulatory Risk: Bail in Regimes
- Pension Risk – “Investing in Risk”
- Geopolitics Is Not a “Black Swan” Phenomenon
- Insurance: Evolving Risks and Challenges
- Risk Culture & Risk Appetite
- The New Economics of Liquidity and Financial Frictions
- Operational Risk and Cyber Risk: Strategy and Prevention
- Technology in Risk Management
- Aligning Risk Appetite with ERM Governance
- Chief Investment Officer/Chief Risk Officer Panel
There will be lunches along with keynote speakers on both days. A special dinner with the presentation of the Canadian Risk Manager of the Year Award will be held in the evening of Day 1.
2200 Mansfield Street, Montréal, QC H3A 3R8, Canada
Centre Monte-Royal has provided a list of the nearest hotels.
The following hotel on the list has offered us a special group rate, here is the information:
Once you have selected your arrival and departure dates, you’ll be redirected to another page where you’d have to select “Enter your access or promotional code”, then select “Group Code” and enter the promotional code “PRMIA2015”
IFSID Pre-Conference Workshop - Investments Risk Management
*2 spot have opened for the IFSID Pre-Conference Workshop. Register now to secure your spot!
Date: Tuesday, November 17th, 2015
Venue: HEC Montreal
3000 Chemin de la Cote - Sainte-Catherine
Capacity: 25 Registrants on a first come first serve basis
The workshop will consist of 4 sessions, each approximately 1.5 hours
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM Theory Concept and Literature Review
- Portfolio Theory, Risk Tolerance and Goals
- Asset Mix and Allocation
- Performance Measurements & Benchmarks
10:45 AM - 12:00 PM Managing Risk of External Fund Managers
- Investment Styles and Strategies
- Passive vs. Active Management
- Selection and Oversight
- Quantitative and Qualitative Measures and Analysis
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Lunch - Hosted at Le Cercle
1:30 PM - 3:00 PM Managing Risk from Internal Investment Management
- Porfolio Construction & Rebalancing
- Liability-Driven Investment
- Overlay Strategies
- Active Risk Management
- Risk Factors and Risk Management Concepts
3:15 PM - 4:45 PM Risk Analytics and Tools
- Risk Measurements and Sensitivity Analysis
- Simulations and Scenario Analysis
- Multi-factor Models
- Portfolio Risk, Return Optimization
Sustaining Members $495
Contributing Members $595
**Workshop + Conference $995
**Workshop Only $595
*Member discounts applied at registration
Early Bird Discounts:
Register before August 30th to receive a $125.00 discount
Register before September 30th to receive a $70.00 discount
For group discount, please contact: email@example.com
Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be made if formal notice of cancellation is received by 9:00 AM CST on November 10th, 2015. We regret that no refunds will be made after that date. Substitutions may be made at no extra charge.
As a participant in the CFA Institute Approved-Provider Program, PRMIA has determined that the workshop program qualifies for 5.5 credit hour(s), the conference program qualifies for 13 credit hour(s), the conference + workshop program qualifies for 19 credit hours(s). If you are a CFA Institute member, CE credit for your participation in this program will be automatically recorded in your CE tracking tool.
Workshop - 5.5 CE Credits
Conference - 13 CE Credits
Workshop + Conference - 19 CE Credits
This event qualifies for CPE credits.
PRMIA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Website: www.nasba.org.
Workshop - 6.5 CPE Credits
Conference - 15.5 CPE Credits
Workshop + Conference - 22.5 CPE Credits
Thank you to our Supporting Organizations!
2200 Mansfield Street
Montreal, QC H3A 3R8
|Conference Only||$ 695.00|
|Workshop Only||$ 595.00|
|Workshop + Conference||$ 995.00|