New Co-RD Announcement
PRMIA announces today the appointment of Andrew Ma as the new Co-Regional Director of the Toronto Chapter. In his role as a Chief Compliance Officer for Picton Mahoney Asset Management he is responsible for the overall compliance program of the firm.
Andrew will be replacing Gregory Frank as Co-Regional Director and will join Mihaela Capra to co-lead the Toronto Chapter. As chapter leader he, Mihaela and the Toronto Steering Committee are underway organizing the 2016 Canadian Risk Forum. The chapter plans to continue their successful partnership with similar industry associations (for example, the Toronto chapter of the CFA Institute and the Canadian chapter of the Alternative Investment Management Association). Based on past experiences in organizing various partnership events for PRMIA Toronto with these organizations, these events represent a good opportunity to engage risk management professionals who might not have heard of PRMIA, as well as expand PRMIA’s recognition to non-risk management professionals.
PRMIA would like to take this opportunity to thank Gregory Frank for his contributions to the Toronto chapter and PRMIA. Gregory served the Toronto membership as Co-Regional Director from the September 2013 – September 2016.
PRMIA would like to acknowledge the Steering Committee members of the Toronto chapter that will help the chapter achieve their goals, please find the members below.
- Andrew Ma, Chief Compliance Officer, Picton Mahoney
- Mihaela Capra, AVP, Risk Management, SunLife
- Amanda Tang, Director, Credit Capital Markets, National Bank Financial
- Errol D'Souza, Financial Risk Manager, American Express Bank of Canada
- Nam Nguyen, Quantitative Analyst, PwC
- Vivian Young, Associate, Risk Management, TD Asset Management
- Vuk Magdelini, Manager, PwC
- Graham Pugh, VP, Investment Risk Management, OMERS
- Crysler Paton, Risk Consultant, IBM
- Magdalena Kraljevska, PnL and Risk Analyst, TD
- Oliver Bucher, Manager, Model Validation, Scotiabank
- Shawn Gardy ☆, Financial Services, CIBC
- Victor Zhang, MSc in Financial Modelling, Western University
- Victoria Arkhurst ☆, Associate Director, Arkhurst Consulting Inc
- Yegor Sorokin, Student, York University
- Yu Fu, Associate Director of Financial Engineering in , Scotiabank